A grammar reference and practice book for students on pre-university or university courses taught in English.
• Provides students with the functional grammar they need to succeed in their academic studies, whatever their chosen subject.
• Reviews and consolidates the key grammatical areas needed for essay writing and presentations such as modal verbs, noun phrases, conditionals, and relative clauses.
• Suitable for students across a wide range of disciplines, e.g. business, finance, history, natural sciences, engineering, technology.
• Demonstrates and practises how to use strategies for academic writing and speaking such as comparing and contrasting, arguing and persuading, talking about cause and effect, and paraphrasing.
• Detailed answer key includes model answers to extended writing tasks.
• Quick test yourself exercises provide practice of specific grammar points.
• Tips highlight extra information worth remembering.
• Academic Word List glossaries help with learning high-frequency academic vocabulary used in the "Challenge yourself" exercises.
• Supports all levels of Oxford EAP but works effectively as a supplement to any course or for independent study.